- 2020-01-27 On 27 January at 10 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the ministerial meeting
- 2020-01-28 On 28 January, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius participates in the General Affairs Council in Brussels
- 2020-01-28 On 28 January, the Political Director Raimonda Murmokaitė participates in political consultations with the Austrian delegation
- 2020-01-28 On 28 January at 3 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the International Holocaust Remembrance Day event
- 2020-01-29 On 29 January at 10 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the Foreign Affairs Council
L. Linkevičius meets with new British Ambassador
On 10 October, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the new British Ambassador to Lithuania Brian Olley.
The meeting focused on bilateral and regional cooperation, the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union, security challenges, and future prospects of bilateral relations.
According to Lithuania’s Foreign Minister, Lithuania and the United Kingdom are enjoying close ties. The large local Lithuanian community contributes to the strengthening of the bilateral relationship. L. Linkevičius also expressed his belief that cooperation between our two countries and transatlantic relations would continue to be as intense as today, despite the future direction of Brexit.
The Ambassador was glad that Lithuania and the United Kingdom were close allies and shared views on many foreign policy issues. According to him, the UK-led NATO battlegroup in Estonia sets a good example of fulfilling security obligations by the United Kingdom.
The new British Ambassador to Lithuania B. Olley presented his letters of credence to the President of Lithuania Gitanas Nausėda on 1 October.